Depending on the type of artwork you are using or the type of design you are creating, you may want to change the background color of your window. For example, if you are creating a design with light color threads, you may want your background darker so that the stitches are more visible on-screen. Use the change background color button located at the top of the design window beside the drawing speed buttons to change the background color.
To change the background color:
- Click the Change Background Color tool. You see the Color palette.
- Select the color you want for your background.
- Clik OK.
- The new color replaces the old color on your design workspace.
Creating and deleting custom segment filters
You can show, hide, sort, and edit segments in a design window by stitch types or by thread colors. You can create custom segment filters to show the stitch types and thread colors that you want. You can also delete custom filters that you no longer need.
To create a custom segment filter:
- Click the Segment Filter tool.
- You see the Filters dialog box.
- Set up the Segment Filter to hide the thread numbers and stitch types you want for your custom filter as described in Showing and hiding outline segments.
- In the Filter name box, enter a name for your custom filter.
- Click Save.
- To delete a custom segment filter:
- In the Filter name box, select the name of the custom segment filer you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
Defining grid settings
The Grid Setting helps you align and measure artwork and design elements. You can set the grid to measure in centimeters or inches according to your preference. When you are working on a design file, you can display the grid by clicking the Show Grid button.
You can turn on Snap to Grid (Shift+3) to make sure that segments are aligned along the grid lines when you move them. When you draw baselines for lettering or paths for shapes, those paths and baselines snap to increments that correspond with the grid. Press Shift+3 on your keyboard to turn off Snap to Grid.
- You can show and hide grid lines by clicking the Show Grid tool.
- To define grid settings:
- Choose View—Grid Settings.
- Yu see the Grid Settings dialog box.
- In the Horizontal spacing box, enter the measurements for horizontal spacing in millimeters or inches.
- In the Vertical spacing box, enter the measurements for vertical spacing millimeters or inches.
- Select one of the three grid styles.
- You can choose from solid lines, dashed lines, or dotted lines. 5 Do the following optional steps:
- wSelect Snap to Grid to cause objects to fasten to the grid.
- wSelect the Snap style. Select Corner or Center. 6 Click OK.
Showing and hiding outline segments
If you make a mistake, click Reset to clear the Show and Hide box.
You can show, hide, sort, and edit segments in a design window by stitch types or by thread colors. By default, all stitch types and thread colors show in the design window. When you alter the default settings, the next time you use Segment Filter, those selections are used.